To apply for the psychology internship, please submit the following online through APPIC by November 23, 2021 at midnight.
- 1. Completed APPIC Application for Psychology Internship (AAPI)
- 2. Three letters of recommendation, with two being from persons who have directly supervised clinical work
- 3. Graduate Transcripts (from all graduate schools attended)
- 4. Curriculum Vita (CV)
- 5. Supplemental material: A de-identified integrated psychological evaluation report, which must include: a WAIS-IV or WISC-IV, Rorschach, MMPI-2-RF/MMPI-3/PAI or MMPI-A/PAI-A, and a Parent/Caregiver checklist if evaluation completed on a child. Applicants are required to submit a report using real client data rather than a report completed as part of coursework or a fictitious case.
An interview will be required of all applicants being considered after applications have been thoroughly screened and reviewed. We prefer that the candidate interview on site or via videoconference, but we will arrange phone interviews in special circumstances. Face-to-face contact between prospective interns and psychology faculty, either in-person or via videoconference, may give us a clearer impression of each other and may therefore provide an advantage to interns who apply in person. Interviews are generally scheduled for Wednesdays in January.
Applicants must meet the requirements to obtain a Temporary Master's Level Psychologist License from the State of Kansas. Having this license is required to start the internship, but it is not required to apply for the internship. More information about this license can be found at the following site: http://ksbsrb.ks.gov.
The Salina Regional Health Center Clinical Psychology Internship agrees to abide by the APPIC policy that no person at this training facility will solicit, accept, or use any ranking related information from any intern applicant.
For information on Salina Regional Health Center’s Internship you may contact the following individuals:
- Claudia G. Canales, Ph.D.
- Director of Clinical Training
- (785) 452-7395
- J. Ryan Poling, Psy.D.
- Assistant Director of Training
- (785) 452-4956